Creating an Innovation Marketplace
Making an idea, service, or product more innovative requires time, investment, and expertise.
If you are a new venture or a well-established business, innovation can provide your organisation with a competitive edge and sustainable growth.
Innvotek offers a full range of consultancy services to take your idea or research output from the drawing board to the market.
We support hundreds of organisations each year, guiding them on the journey from new product concept through to commercialisation by:
- Assisting with public funding application to reduce the costs and de-risk new product development.
- Helping create novel, protectable ideas for higher value products.
- Offering access to our network of experts to develop the new technology needed to realise these ideas.
- Finding partners to help take new products to market.
- Establishing innovation as part of business culture, not just a one-off event.
Grant Writing Support.
Public funding can accelerate the innovation process.
We assist our clients with grant writing and applications, maximising success by selecting the most relevant programmes.
Innvotek has experience of working with more than 100 grant funding programmes worldwide.
We have successfully supported more than 5,000 technology organisations with leveraging investment for their new product development and can offer guidance on what programme is most suitable to meet your goals.
Horizon 2020 (H2020)
Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme with nearly €80 billion of funding available from 2014 to 2020.
This program focuses on the following societal challenges:
- Health, demographic change and wellbeing.
- Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research, and the Bioeconomy.
- Secure, clean and efficient energy.
- Smart, green and integrated transport.
- Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials.
- Europe in a changing world – inclusive, innovative and reflective societies.
- Secure societies – protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens.
Innovate UK / UKRI
Innovate UK is the United Kingdom’s innovation agency and a non-departmental public body operating at arm’s length from the Government as part of the United Kingdom Research and Innovation organisation. It has a scope of strategic priority and multidisciplinary programs related to the challenges in such research fields like:
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data economy
- Ageing society, health and nutrition
- Clean growth and infrastructure
- Mobility, manufacturing and materials
EUREKA is a publicly funded, intergovernmental network, involving over 40 countries and aiming to enhance European competitiveness by fostering innovation-driven entrepreneurship in Europe, between small and large industry, research institutes and universities.
The Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) is a £1.5 billion fund announced by the UK Government to support cutting-edge research that addresses the challenges faced by developing countries:
- Equitable access to sustainable development
- Sustainable economies and societies
- Human rights, good governance, and social justice
The funding programme of the UK Department for International Development (DFID) offers grants of between £30,000 to £10 million for social innovations to change the lives and deliver new opportunities to people living in poverty through the Global Innovation Fund (GIF).
360° Innovation Platform.
Regardless of where you enter the process, our goal is to provide you with an intellectual property innovation platform and help you break free from your competitors. Innovation comprises many complex aspects, and Innvotek has condensed them into a single proven approach which can be easily adjusted to your innovation goals.
If you have an idea, research output, or a plan for new product development we can:
- Perform a market and technology feasibility study to ensure your idea or research results meet specific market requirements.
- Validate and advance your concept using our in-house engineering resources.
- Help you to obtain public funding by offering grant writing services.
- Build a partnership around your idea and develop it into an R&D project.
- Assist you with project management ensuring it stays on schedule from planning to exploitation and dissemination stage.
- Create a business strategy for a specific market segment and produce a commercialisation plan.
If you are a business, and want innovation to become a business growth tool for your company, we will help you to:
- Recognise and understand fundamental market needs.
- Create new technology or enhance current capabilities.
- Identify buying drivers of a specific market.
- Develop a strategy and implementation plan.
- Make innovative thinking a part of your business culture through our training programmes.
Commercialisation Success Stories.
Entering any new market is daunting. It is essential to understand the trends, barriers, legislation, and competition.
Innvotek can assist with the product development and market launch, as well as help you build partnerships with clients and private investors.
Through our extended business development network, we will connect you with global markets.
Airmony by TBiom
Airmony, a compact solution helping people affected by sleep apnea, raised approximately €250,000 via crowdfunding to start commercial production of the first systems.
Developed in collaboration with Heineken, V-Tex is an innovative energy-saving cooling technology with €4.83 million of investment secured. It is currently being tested by several UK and international distribution partners.
Airmony by TBiom
Airmony is a super-portable, efficient, and effective Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device. It allows people suffering from sleep apnea (cessation of breathing during sleep) to have constantly open airways via mild positive pressure. Since current oxygenation devices are bulky, restrictive and not portable, the device addresses a major customer need. It is easy to use and equipped with a longer-life battery.
TBiom has raised approximately €250,000 to start commercial production of the first systems.
A novel product V-Tex helps to chill the drinks on demand and store them at ambient temperatures, with increased efficiency and reduced energy cost. This addresses a major need within the beverage industry as current devices are slow, hefty and energy intensive, requiring 24/7 operation to keep drinks chilled.
V-Tex was developed in collaboration with Heineken. In 2014, the product was invited to Academy Awards to chill drinks for the stars and featured on the popular Channel 5 programme ‘The Gadget Show’. It is currently being tested by several UK and international distribution partners.
Phase 1. FP7 funding (€930,000) raised for R&D to test a range of rapid cooling methods, develop a proof of concept, secure patent protection for the technology and deliver a stage 1 prototype to demonstrate the technology.
Phase 2. H2020 funding (€1.3 million) secured to continue R&D and develop more advanced applications of the technology for high-turnover retail environments.
Phase 3. €2.6 million of investment secured to take V-Tex to market. Market research conducted to establish the most suitable first application of the technology and development from the prototype stage to the finalised product and launch. Sales & PR strategy planned and implemented.